PULJAK COMPACT COMBO SET C-C
PULJAK REPAIR & REBUILDING INSTRUCTIONS
- Remove rod & handle casting from workhead. Remove old cams & springs.
- Compress new springs on each side with pliers and wrap with 10 turns of scotch tape to securely hold in compressed position.
- Place new cams and springs in cavity as illustrated to the right. Break scotch tape with screwdriver pushed through the rod hole. Make certain that springs are seated properly and centered in recess.
- Insert PULJAK rod from each end to test for alignment of all internal parts. Both cams should move smoothly against spring.
- Reassemble handle casting with notch over ear of small cam.
- File off heavy ridges on rod and replace in PULJAK
STRETCHING, PULLING & ALIGNING USING A PULJAK
- With tension bar in fence, (using 'Type A' PULJAK) hook the puller to your tension bar.
- Place workhead around fence post.
- Pump handle, drawing fence into desired clamping position.
- When using 'Type B' PULJAK, simply hook stretcher studs into fence fabric and proceed as above.
- NOTE: To release tension....depress trigger cam.
LIFTING & PUSHING WITH A PULJAK
- Depress trigger cam and slide workhead off rod.
- Reverse workhead so "post notch" faces away from the puller
- Reassemble to rod
- DO NOT move handle while rod is removed!